Why is lead generation important for your business?There are many benefits of generating leads for your business and some of them will be covered in this article. The first benefit is that it saves you time. When you generate leads, someone else does the work for you and so you can focus on other aspects of marketing such as social media campaigns and content creation. Secondly, when you receive a lead from somebody else then they already know about your company and what they want from it which saves time trying to figure out their needs - this means that those leads are also much cheaper than generating them yourself because there's no need for sales pitches etcetera! Thirdly, lead generation helps with brand awareness and increasing brand recognition. Uneducated consumers make decisions based on price; this means you need to lower prices to compete with less reputable brands. Fourthly, leads can be easily tracked and measured: leads come from specific websites or social media platforms which can be used as metrics for your marketing campaign.
The Benefits of Lead GenerationIf you're running a business then generating leads is very important because it can affect your bottom line. Some of these benefits are listed below:
1) Time-saving - when you generate leads, someone else does the work for you so you can focus on other marketing initiatives such as social media campaigns and content creation.
2) Competitive edge - when you receive a lead from somebody else then they already know about your company which means that there is no need for any sales pitches or explaining of what your company does etcetera, this makes the leads cheaper because the consumers are self-qualified .
3) Brand awareness - generating leads helps with increasing brand awareness because leads come from specific websites or social media platforms which can be used as metrics for your marketing campaign. Uneducated consumers make decisions based on price, so you need to lower prices in order to compete with less reputable brands.
4) Trackable and measurable - leads can be easily tracked and measured because they come from specific websites or social media platforms.
How to generate leads for your businessThere are many ways to generate leads for your business. Some of these are listed below:
1) Paid advertising online - this is one of the most popular methods to generate leads because you can target specific websites or social media platforms depending on your industry. There are many different types of paid advertisements that you can use, but Google Adwords is probably the most common form used by small and medium-sized businesses. You can set up an account with Google Adwords, select your keywords (target audience), choose how much you want to bid (cost per click) and then create adverts for your website or social media platforms. The more specific you are with your targeting, the more effective the campaigns will be. Many businesses choose to target different age groups and genders because it helps to increase their sales which means they get more bang for their buck! You may also decide to make your campaigns location specific, allowing you to tap into a local market or niche audience.
2) Social media platforms - social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are free to set up an account and start generating leads. Facebook is the more popular social media platform, but it's important to note that LinkedIn also has many benefits. It's free to join LinkedIn and you can post status updates or ads which will appear on users' newsfeeds (depending on the settings). You may want to consider running a campaign on both Facebook and LinkedIn as long as your target audience is present on both sites.
3) Own website - a website with relevant content can be used to generate leads for your business because it targets a large number of consumers, which means you have a larger chance of converting them into a customer. A website also allows for branding efforts and helps companies stand out from their competitors. You can also choose to make your website SEO (search engine optimisation) friendly which allows you to rank higher on Google because it means there are more people searching for your products/services, meaning that if you offer what they're looking for then people will come across your business without you having to do any form of advertising.
4) Offline advertising - some forms of offline advertising can help generate leads for your business. For example, you could choose to have an ad in the newspaper or even hand out flyers with coupons on them, both are effective ways of getting your name out there and allowing consumers to find you easily. However, it is important to note that online advertising is often more effective because there are so many consumers who rely on the Internet to find what they need.
5) Paper documents / leaflets - whilst passing out paper documents or leaflets has less of an impact than online advertising, it does still generate leads for your business which can then be used to convert into customers. This form of offline advertising is less intrusive than other forms, so people are less likely to be put off by it.
6) Networking events - this is an excellent way to meet potential customers face-to-face in order to generate leads for your business. There are many networking events that you can attend in order to get in front of a large number of consumers all at once, which is very effective for lead generation. This form of advertising can also be extremely beneficial because it helps you to get your name out there and meet potential clients in a more personal way.
7) Email marketing - this method allows you to build up a list of consumers who are interested in the product or service that you are offering. You can email these consumers by promoting special offers or updates on new products/services that you're offering, it's an excellent way to turn leads into customers.
8) Public speaking - getting in front of a large number of people is often very effective for lead generation because it enables you to connect with more qualified prospects. If you are speaking at a conference or event and you can connect with the audience then you're likely to gain a lot of interest in your product/service.
9) Offline networking - whilst there are many benefits to attending offline networking events, it's important to remember that online networking is just as effective. Networking online allows you to meet people from all over the world without having to travel. You might be surprised by who you meet on networking sites, so it's definitely worth checking out if you are struggling to generate leads for your business any other way.
10) Brand ambassadors - this strategy is all about getting people who are already consumers of your product or service to become brand ambassadors and help with lead generation. It can be a simple as asking your customers for referrals, so you might want to reward them with discounts if they send you leads that turn into sales.
11) Speaking at conferences - this is one of the most effective ways to generate leads for your business because it allows you to connect with large groups of potential customers in an environment where people are likely to be interested in what you have to offer. It's a great way of taking a lead and turning it into a sale, so if you can get in front of people at conferences then it's definitely worth doing.
12) Conduct surveys - this is an excellent way to gather information about your target market, which can help you to generate leads for your business. If you know what they like and dislike then it makes it much easier to sell products or services that they will enjoy.
13) Give presentations - many businesses opt for inviting key prospects over to their offices, but this isn't always the most effective way of generating leads. If you are able to get in front of large groups of potential customers then it's bound to result in some customers for your business.
14) Blogging - many businesses struggle with generating leads because they're not blogging, which means that their site has no content. When it comes to online marketing, fresh content is king as search engines look for sites that offer readers valuable content. By blogging regularly you'll gain the attention of search engines and be able to generate leads by sharing your knowledge with potential customers.
15) SEO - if you want to compete with larger companies then it is often beneficial to invest in SEO because it helps you to get your website ahead of your competitors for specific keywords/phrases. Search engines rank websites that they think will be valuable to their visitors, so if your site ranks at the top for a specific term then it's likely to gain the attention of many customers looking for products or services related to that phrase.
Steps to take when generating leads for your company1) Decide what you are selling - whether it's a product or service, the first step to generating leads for your company is knowing exactly what you're selling. This ensures that your content will be targeted towards the right people because they have an interest in this area.
2) Think about how you can build trust - there are several ways to build trust, but one of the most effective is to provide valuable education or resources for potential customers. This could be done through blogging, articles, videos or any other type of content that your target market will find helpful.
3) Create an infographic - infographics are popular because they help you to communicate statistics in a fun/visual way that people will want to share. If you create an infographic for your business blog and share it on social media then you're likely to see a boost in traffic because of the high volume of sharing that takes place when infographics are involved.
4) Consider webinars - webinars give businesses the opportunity to sell products or services by demonstrating how they work. This helps marketers to generate leads because their prospects can sign up to find out more information about the product/service and see exactly what it has to offer.
5) Content upgrade - if you're blogging then it's always a good idea to include resources related to the content in question, such as ebooks or whitepapers. This allows readers to become further invested in the content which often results in them signing up for your email list.
6) Conduct a webinar - if you're already running webinars then it's possible to generate even more leads by doing an advanced one. The advanced webinar requires people to register their interest, but they will only receive the full webinar details if they sign up - this helps you to build a list of potential customers that you can market your products/services to.
7) Do an email drip campaign - if you're not already doing an email drip campaign then it's important to start one as soon as possible. The idea behind the campaign is sending out daily/weekly email reminders to your subscribers which reminds them about the products/services that you offer.
8) Repurpose content - if you have a lot of blog posts on your site then it's a good idea to repurpose the content, so it appears in different formats such as an infographic or ebook. You can also repurpose the content by turning it into video, audio or slideshare presentations.
9) Ask for reviews - you can generate leads by asking your past customers to leave reviews on review sites such as TrustPilot. This helps you to position yourself as an industry expert and gain the attention of potential customers who are looking for businesses similar to yours.
10) Think about email marketing - there are many benefits to email marketing, but one of the main ones is that it allows you to communicate with leads directly. Businesses can send out promotional offers via email which means they only have to pay for their marketing efforts when they get results.
11) Conduct surveys - surveys are a great way of generating leads because they allow you to find out more information about your target market. For example, if your business is selling beauty products then you can create a survey using SurveyMonkey and ask questions related to buying habits etc., so the leads are more likely to be interested in what you have to offer.
12) Set up an auto responder sequence - if you're launching a new course, product or service then setting up an auto responder sequence is a great way to generate leads. You can ask those interested in your course/product/service to sign up and they will receive the first lesson/chapter for free. This builds trust because people can see what you have to offer before parting with their details and helps you to generate leads.
13) Start a podcast - if you're not running a podcast already then it's time to start one as it's a great way to build an audience and generate leads. You can use the podcast as an opportunity to market your products/services, but also enlighten people about different aspects of your industry.
14) Offer a free trial - if you're selling a product or service then it's possible to generate leads by offering customers the chance to try your product/service for free. You can run this offer for 7-14 days, so it gives people enough time to see how great your products/services are, but also makes them more likely to part with their details when they know what they're getting in return.
Lead generation is important for any company because it's a way to generate interest about your product. It can also help you find potential customers that match with what your business offers. There are many benefits of lead generation, as well as steps to take when generating leads for your company. If you're interested in learning more about how we can assist you with generating leads and improving sales, contact us today! We'd love the opportunity to tell you all about our services and see if this could be a good fit for both parties.